Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Job Description
Overview: Ministry to children is one of Christ the King’s core practices. It is an expression of how we share life together as the extended family of God and avenue where we tend to Christ’s presence.
In accordance with this vision, the Children’s Ministry Coordinator is a paid, part-time role that exists primarily to provide organizational and administrative structure to children’s discipleship classes during Sunday worship services.
- Schedule volunteers to facilitate Pre-K and elementary age Sunday groups.
- Prepare lessons for elementary age Sunday class and distribute to facilitators (CTK curriculum is “Worship With Children”).
- Gather and prepare necessary materials for elementary age Sunday class
- Provide leadership and teaching for elementary age Sunday class as needed
- Cast vision to new volunteers for the duties involved with children’s Sunday groups
- Report to Rector on a regular basis
Relevant skills and experience
- Organization: ability to maintain schedules and make a coherent plan
- Communication: clear and timely correspondence, willingness to dialogue with others and answer questions.
- Administration: attention to the details and logistics involved in executing a stated vision or plan
- Passion for children’s discipleship
- Administrative, teaching, and child-care experience preferred
- Familiarity with Anglican tradition preferred
Time commitment: 5-10hrs/week
If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com